Monday, January 16, 2012

First day of GMG Ephesians Study

Today we started our Good Morning Girls Ephesians study.  The focus for today was Ephesians 1:1-4,  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.  For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

What stuck out to me, is, as a person who struggles with assurance sometimes... is that it isn't about me... God already chose me before He even made he foundations of the world! How amazing is that? That just makes me feel extra special! That the God of everything, the Creator of the universe, the Giver of Life, chose me! it wasn't b chance, or by lottery, or because I chose Him or did anything... He CHOSE me!!! I guess I just needed that reminder today.

I also listened to John MacArthur's sermon  "The Body Formed in Eternity Past Part 1"  I loved how MacArthur says, "Listen, if I understood everything ‑ I'd be God. And if I was God ‑ we would be in lots of trouble. I don't need to resolve it but don't do this, don't... take God's sovereignty and man's choice and try to find some middle ground or you've just destroyed both of them. Leave them alone. Let the tension be there. Let it be that God says He's sovereign. Don't worry about how He harmonizes that with people coming to Christ, that's His problem not ours. He just says ‑ Come. Come." We are not to understand everything, and honestly I dont want to! How crazy would we be if we did?

I also got a lot of out of how we already have all the spiriual blessings from heaven!! We don't need to ask for them, we have them!!!  How GREAT is that? MacArthur put it greatly, "You see, we spend a lot of time asking for what we've got. You say ‑ Well, What am I supposed to ask for? James said ~ ask for wisdom and wisdom is the sense not to ask for what you've got."
Who would have guess that we would get so much out of just 4 verses?  Are you doing the Good Morning Girls study?  If not, do you want to?  Check out Good Morning Girls blog and see if it is something that would work for you.

No comments: