Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Moving back and starting over

As most of you know we have recently moved back to my childhood home.  My mom moved into the MIL cottage next door (about 20 feet from our backdoor) and we are in the house.  I really do love it.  I love the smallness of the house (I can clean it all pretty well in less than 1 day).  I love the farm and the animals.  I love the vision I have for our garden this spring and all the land for the kids and dogs to run on.  I love the lifestyle of living in the country, growing and raising our own food, moving towards a more simplistic life style.  I really love where God has brought us. 

However, I have moved back to the place where I made a lot of bad choices, where a lot of bad things happened.  Yes I have moved on, and thanks to Jesus, I was able to forgive and really change my life.  But how do you come back to a place where you had your friends, and rekindle relationships and yet still live a godly lifestyle when your old friends haven't really changed?  There are some people I really would like to see again, but I am not who I used to be.  And sometimes that just puts me (and them) in an awkward place. 

So today i was driving back from our Ladies study at church and was thinking about how yes I did grow up here, however I feel like I have moved to a new place and am starting all over with making new friends, something I find as a challenge anywhere. 

Have you ever moved back and had to start over with new friends after giving your life over to God? 

No comments: