Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Becoming an Orderly Child

I have been trying to plan out our school lessons ahead of time and finally got to it yesterday!  I printed everything out, cut pieces out to be prepared, put all the pages in order, figured out exactly what we were going to do today!  Let me say it has been a much better day! 

We are working on Homeschool Creations's preschool garden pack.  (Plus the free bonus pack for linking up to the garden challenge!)  I needed something that would fill the week before Easter, and although it is raining out today, the garden pack seemed to be a good fit! 

I am also starting Hubbard's Cupboard's character trait lessons.  It worked out that this weeks lesson is on being orderly and there was a few activities that worked on putting things in order!  I love how that works out. 

As soon as I can get to the store, probably Saturday, I am going to pick up materials for a morning board.  I have reviewed quite a few of them, and really like the transition that they make along with helping the kiddos learn about time, calenders, weather, temperature and $.  I have taken some of my ideas and printouts from the following sites:  Mama Jenn, Homeschool Creations, Delightful Learning, and 1+1+1=1.  I loved the large calender from Delightful Learning and am thinking of doing a calender and morning board.  I also loved Delightful Learning'sWho to Pray for spot.  I think switching out different pictures will be a great way to help the kiddos picture who they are praying for.

But none of this will take place until next week, but that is OK by me!  I need to get some printer ink too! :)  (I have noticed that I sure do go through a lot, but I am also making two copies for the kids and then a hard copy for my files (this way I have it in the future and don't have to be connected to the Internet if I need a copy of something.)

What are some tips that you have for home school planning?  How much time do you spend with your preschooler?  (this has been a dilemma for me as Jacob just turned four and will be home at least another year and Hanna the little girl I watch and do preschool with is going off to kindergarten next year~ so I feel like she should be learning way more and we should be spending more time on school.)