Friday, March 4, 2011

3 in 30 Challenge~ gonna try this out!



I see a lot of my new blog friends doing this 3 in 30 challenge and I thought I would check it out and see what all the fuss is about!  :)  Well basiclly you pick three goals for the month then work on them everyday... it takes 21 days to form a habit, so after your first month you should be able to continue your goals into the next ones!

So for the month of March here are my goals!

1) create and stick to a budget~  we really need to get our finances under control, pay off some bills, and just be more wise with our $.

2) spend at least 15 minutes a day reading my Bible~ right now I am doing my study about 3x a week, sometimes less.  I need to make time everyday to get some time in.

3) do not let more than 3 loads of laundry build up~ I need to be doing laundry everyday or as needed, not waiting until the bathroom is overwhelmed with laundry.

Ok so there are my goals for this month! :)  I will keep you posted each week on how I am doing!  I will be starting next Monday as weekends are typically off limits for work and computer!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Goals!!!! Hope you like the 3 in 30 challenge. I need to do the laundry one to my laundry has babies over night lol.

Good Luck.

Janet Rose said...

Welcome to 3 in 30. Hope you find it fun and encouraging as your make strides toward your goals.

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm so glad that you jumped in - I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have! Great goals for March - we're in the middle of paying down bills/getting rid of debt too :) It's not easy, but the end result is so worth it!! Can't wait to read about your progress!!

Carrie Terry said...

Greg and I decided a few years ago to get our finances under control too. Greg has listened to Dave Ramsey on the radio for awhile now and when he learned of Dave’s book The Total Money Makeover http://www.daveramsey.com/store/prod326.html he had to have it. He went farther then just purchasing a book for our home library, he purchased 10 of them along with a handful of the audio books too. I’m telling you that this makeover works, I’m proof of that! Greg and I are now considered (other than our mortgage) to be dept free… We have found financial peace! It’s liberating when you can finally come up for a giant breath of air after being held under by the flood of dept for many years. No need to go out and buy your own copy, I’ll lend you one of ours!

Much love!

Virginia said...

Also check out Pear Budgeting for a great budget program (in line with Dave Ramsey)

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! I will check out the Pear Budgeting as well! Carrie~ I would love to borrow your copy! That would be awsome! I havent started yet, but need to soon!!! :)