Monday, September 19, 2011

1 John Study with Good Morning Girls

Today kicked off the fall session of Good Morning Girls and the study of 1 John!  I got up a little earlier with no trouble, had some breakfast, made my cup of coffee and settled on to the bed with Bible, notebook and pen... 

This 12 week study breaks down the book of 1 John to, most days, only a verse a day!  They use the SOAP method

S~ Write out the SCRIPTURE of the day
O~ Write out 1-2 OBSERVATIONS from that scripture
A~ Write out 1-2 APPLICATIONS from daily scripture
P~ PRAY over what you learned

So simple! 

Well, today was 1 John 1:1
 
"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched- this we proclaim concerning the Word of life."


Question I am leaving with you today... 

Are you proclaiming the things you know, things you have touched, have seen, have heard concerning the Word of life?

I know I am not doing it as much as I should! 

My prayer is that I will proclaim the things I have seen, heard, touched that glorify Him and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ so that others may come to know Him and love Him and spend eternity with Him in Heaven.





No comments: