Saturday, September 24, 2011

To A Different Drum...

I recently read an amazing autobiography about Dr. Pauline G. Hamilton, a missionary to China and Taiwan from 1947 to 1978, called To A Different Drum.

To a Different Drum: The Autobiography of Dr. Pauline Hamilton (An OMF Book)
What an amazing story of trusting God, going where called, and sharing the love of Jesus no matter what.

I loved how Hamilton wrote her life story, there were times I was laughing at her situation, crying with her, and finding myself fearing for her as well.

This story really hit close to home for me, as right now we are on our way to start preparing for a life in missions.  This is something that kinda hit out of nowhere, as the hubby and I never really felt called until last year!  We have no idea where or when God will send us, we were just told to prepare!  So, upon reading "Grandma Han's" story I really started to see what life would be like... 

You can get this book for as little as $0.01 + shipping right now on Amazon.com (used of course)

http://www.amazon.com/Different-Drum-Autobiography-Pauline-Hamilton/dp/9971838397/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316919507&sr=8-1

No comments: